Get Rid of That Putrid Dead Animal Odor for Good.
Have you ever lost a pet hamster in the home or your car, permanently? Have you ever had a smell in your home so putrid, you could barely stand to stay? There is no mistaking dead animal odor. Once you have experienced it, the scent lingers in your memory for good.
Fortunately, Wildlife Removal Companies will take extraordinary measures to be sure the smell is gone for good.
The Dangers of Dead Animal Odor
An unwelcome dead animal found in your home or office can be quite jarring. An escaped small pet from its cage and lost in the house is a devastating loss. But then, to have the terrible dead animal odor for months is unbearable, to say the least.
The dead animal smell is not just stinky, jarring, or sad. There are dangers the dead animal itself can create. Removing the carcass, odor, and disinfecting the area quickly is crucial.
- The odor attracts other pests, parasites, and insects, hoping for a quick meal or a place to nest.
- The smell will contaminate food and water supply if near the pantry or water lines.
- Dead animals spread disease. As flies find the carcass, they go from surface to surface, transmitting the infection to the home, pets, and other pests.
- The stench alone can drive you and your family out.
Removing the Dead Animal and the Smell
Removing the odor left behind is not as easy as a surface cleaning, especially if the carcass sat unnoticed for a length of time. Frankly, if you don’t want to treat the odor on your own, we don’t blame you. Odor removal is one of the services we provide at Covenant Wildlife Removal.
However, if you are in a panic to get started, you can try a few of the following suggestions to permanently remove the horrid smell. Keep in mind, this is not a task quickly completed. Odor removal takes patience and time.
- First, purchase protective gear and get it ready to put on. Heavy-duty face masks, body coverings, gloves, and eye protection will keep the contaminates away.
- Then, be sure to remove the carcass and excrement, leaving no trace of the animal. (Be sure there are no more hiding in the corners)
- Now, use professional equipment to get rid of the smell. Your local hardware store has rentals you can use, like a pressure washer, carpet, or floor cleaner for the best results. Make sure the chemical used with the cleaner made is for strong odors.
- Then, disinfect the area. Industrial-strength cleaners are the best. A dead animal can still transmit diseases via the carcass, flies, and airborne viruses and bacteria growth. Making sure the area is parasite and disease-free is of the utmost importance.
Finally, call the professional at Covenant Wildlife Removal to finish the job. Covenant knows just what is needed to control dead animal odor and keep the pests away forever.
Keeping Critters Out of Your Home
Now, here is the optimal solution. We are sure you never want to go through all this again. So, there are steps you can take to prevent animals from getting into your home. First, repairing the entry point the animal came in is essential. Other pests certainly know where that very entry is even if you don’t, and most animals secrete hormones so they can find their way back.
After locating the entry point, seal it off with wire mesh or metal sheeting. Also, check the remainder of the home and yard to ensure there are no additional potential entry points.
Don’t forget, removing overgrown brush and yard waste will eliminate hiding places for critters of all types. What’s more, keeping trees and shrubs from touching the house eliminates access to the roof. That’s a good thing.
Finally, seal all cracks, crevices, and vent openings around the house to ensure there are no ways for the pests to re-enter the home.
Covenant Wildlife Removal for Dead Animal Odor Control
The miserable process, the horrid odor, and the cost to get the best equipment is an overwhelming thought. And if your family cannot re-enter the home, you may have a hotel bill on to pay as well. Don’t take on this disturbing process on your own.
As soon as you find the carcass or smell the intense dead animal odor, call for help. Covenant Wildlife Removal will get out to your home or office quickly to remediate the situation.
Are you facing removing a dead animal odor? Don’t delay; contact us today.