Do you think that you have a rat problem in your home or business? Have you seen one running across your kitchen or in your garage? If you have seen one rat, trust that there are many more you aren’t seeing. Rats do not travel alone. Don’t wait to take action because rats breed at an alarmingly high rate and you could have a huge infestation quickly.
Rats begin breeding quickly as early as five weeks of age and will continue until two years old. Females are fertile approximately every three weeks, and mate often. The resulting pregnancy usually lasts about three weeks, and the litter size typically ranges from 6 to 20 babies. This is how you can end up with a full-blown infestation of rats in a very short period of time.
Covenant Wildlife Removal is a top-rated local family-owned, full-service wildlife trapping, removal, repair, and insulation services. We can remove a rat infestation for you before it becomes a massive problem for you and your family. We provide humane and safe rat removal services in Birmingham, AL and the Jefferson and Shelby counties. Contact us or call 205-855-8377 to set up an inspection.
What Damage Can Rats Cause?
Besides being absolutely filthy, rats can cause considerable damage to your home, which can put you and your family in danger. Here is some of the damage that they can do:
- Chewing electrical wires which can cause shortages in power and electrical fires
- Structural damage to your home
- Cutting through steel, concrete, aluminum, wood, plastics, etc. with their razor-sharp teeth
Why Are Rats Dangerous?
Rats contaminate foods and drinks
When rats get into your food supply, rats might contaminate your foods with their hair, feces, and urine. Eating contaminated food with rat feces or urine will lead to a bacterial infection such as salmonella poisoning.
Rats carry dangerous disease to humans
It’s no secret that rats carry dangerous diseases that can affect humans through their urine and feces. The most famous disease transmitted by rats, including leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, and Weil’s disease:
- Leptospirosis is caused by Leptospira bacteria that spread through contact with water or food contamination by urine from rats.
- Rat-bite fever or also known as Streptobacillosis, is usually caused by a bite or scratch from an infected rat and/or caught by handling infected wildlife and ingesting food or drink contaminated with rat’s feces or urine.
- Weil’s disease is transmitted to humans through contact with rat urine. In most cases, Weil’s disease commonly occurs through contaminated fresh water.
- Rats can transfer many bacterial diseases that include Streptococcus pneumoniae, Corynebacterium kutsheri, Bacillus piliformis, and Pasteurella pneumotropica. All of these bacteria are disease-causing agents in humans. In some cases, these diseases are incurable.
- Some rat species can also serve as a reservoir for Toxoplasma gondii, the parasite that causes toxoplasmosis. However, the disease usually spreads from rats to humans when domestic cats feed on infected brown rats.
Rats carry fleas and ticks
Fleas are attracted to host on the most common pets like dogs and cats. This is one of the reasons why your pet can also get fleas when a rat infestation occurs.
Reasons to Hire Us
- 24 / 7 Fast
- Itemized Repair List
- Experienced in Wildlife Removal
- Licensed and Insured
- Our Work is Guaranteed
- Remove Wildlife Carcasses
- Satisfied Customers
- Competitive Pricing
It is our goal to remove all rats from your home, attic, walls, and crawlspaces and to also make sure that your home or business is expertly repaired to prevent rats and other wildlife from finding openings and re-infesting your home again. Covenant Wildlife Removal is trustworthy, reliable, and we stand behind our work by guaranteeing everything we do.