Have Squirrels In Your Attic?
Squirrels are deceptively dangerous. They look adorable while they are playing in a yard or running from tree to tree. Do not let their cute appearance fool you. They are one of the most destructive wildlife that can get into your home. A typical phone call that we receive daily is regarding squirrel damage. Attics, walls, and chimneys are common nesting areas for squirrels.
Covenant Wildlife Removal is a top-rated local family-owned, full-service wildlife trapping, removal, repair, and insulation services company. We can remove squirrels from your home before they become a massive problem for you and your family. We provide humane and safe squirrel removal services in Jefferson and Shelby counties. Contact us or call 205-855-8377 to set up an inspection.
We are licensed and insured and provide both residential and commercial properties nuisance wildlife removal services in Jefferson County, Shelby County, Hoover, Trussville, and Birmingham Alabama area.
What Damage Can Squirrels Cause?
Squirrels have a long list of the damage they can cause. Here are just a few ways they can damage your home or property:
- Stealing birdseed from your yard’s bird feeders and scaring songbirds away.
- Destroying insulation to make nests.
- Soiling rooms in your home with their urine, droppings, parasites, ticks, shedding fur, all of which can be serious health hazards.
- When squirrels die in wall and ceiling voids, soffits, and other inaccessible areas, there is a horrible odor that occurs that can be unbearable.
- Chewing on wood, cables, sprinkler heads, and electrical wiring. They strip the insulation from the wires, which increases the chances for a short and the risk of fire. Squirrels cause thousands of house fires a year.
- Squirrel’s corpses become the perfect breeding place for flies and diseases.
- Squirrels are very noisy in an attic and may bite when someone corners them.
- Squirrels dig up gardens and landscapes.
- They strip the bark off of ornamental plants and trees on your property.
How We Can Help?
At Covenant Wildlife, we specialize in wildlife trapping, removal, damage repairs, and insulation with over 30 years experience. Once you realize that you have a squirrel in your home, give us a call, and we will come out.
If the squirrels are on your property wrecking havoc, we can trap and remove the nuisance wildlife.
If the squirrels are in your attic or other parts of your home, then there are a few steps to ridding you of the problematic squirrels.
- First, we inspect to find all the entry points in your home.
- We can seal all of the entry points and vulnerable areas where the squirrels can enter into your home.
- Then squirrels can be trapped and removed.
Types of Squirrels
There are three types of squirrels in the Jefferson and Shelby counties area: gray squirrels, flying squirrels, and ground squirrels. All of these species have the capacity to cause considerable damage to your lawn and your home.
Appearance and Behavior
An average adult squirrel ranges from 12 to 25 inches in length and averages about one pound in weight. Squirrels are very avid climbers. They are also usually muscular and have very sharp claws. Squirrels can range from various shades of black, gray, brown, and red. They have very thick hair and bushy tails. Their underbellies are usually quite different from their coat color. Squirrels are most active in the morning and evening. Squirrels eat mostly nuts and seeds. They reside in a variety of habitats, forest and suburban and city areas. They communicate through chattering, scent, and flickering of their fluffy tails.
Life Expectancy and Gestation
Their life expectancy in the wild is approximately 3 to 4 years. Squirrels give birth to two litters per year during the summer and winter. After a 44 day gestation period, a female squirrel gives birth to 3 to 4 babies. They grow quickly and are weaned in about ten weeks.
Reasons to Hire Us
- 24 / 7 Fast
- Itemized Repair List
- Experienced at Squirrel Removal
- Licensed and Insured
- Our Work is Guaranteed
- Remove Squirrel Carcasses
- Satisfied Customers
- Competitive Pricing
Call Covenant Wildlife today at 205-855-8377 to address any squirrel problems you may be experiencing.